Generating leads for any marketing purpose is difficult. But this becomes more challenging when you do not implement social media strategy in one of your marketing plans. If you haven’t, you are likely losing out on leads and sales. These days, planning a social media strategy has become an unavoidable tool for every business, regardless of the product or service they offer.
So, if you are a firm that’s looking to formulate social media techniques, but aren’t sure how to get on the ground, asking these six questions will surely help you to build a successful social media strategy that will set you apart from other folks.
1. What are your goals?
Unless you have a clear objective for your social media goals, it will be very difficult to focus on the initiatives that might drive you to success. Your goals will primarily act as your guidelines for your social media content. Hence, figuring out your objectives is quite important for your social media strategy.
Goals to consider might include:
- Boosting brand awareness
- Attracting new audience
- Supporting existing customers
- Enhancing customer loyalty.
You need to decide what your plans are, and later, move on to them to achieve your desired target.
2. Who is your target audience?
Once you have determined your goals, you need to ask who are you marketing to? If you can’t give a particular answer to that question right away, you need to define your target audience. Knowing who those individuals are can help you to perform better in your marketing.
How will you know your target audience?
Here are three different ways to get to know your audience better:
- Take advantage of Google Analytics: Google analytics feeds a wide range of information about your target audience. This tool contains an audience section which is further branched into sub-sections like interests, demographics, and many more. These divisions will help you to narrow down your targeted audience.
- Check where they hang around: Do they devote most of their time to Quora or Facebook? Discover which platform they express their problems and wishes on so that you can get to know about their future plans and goals.
- Use social media metrics: Social media channels offer analytical tools to check the activity of the audience like how long they read your content, from which device you get traffic, and from which location your audience belongs to.
.The more you know your audience, the easier it is to create content.
3. What kind of content will you need to produce?
Now that you have got to know your target audience, it’s now time to start delivering engaging content for your social marketing sites. People like helpful, informational, and really valuable content. Make sure that you create content in such a fashion that it should dictate all your ways of helping your audience and making them satisfied with their needs.
This is an ideal way of approaching your customers. You can reach half of your customers just by embracing the power of content marketing. Remember, informative content can turn your followers into customers.
4. Should you use social media to provide customer service?
Since social media is one of the most general ways for audiences to interact with businesses, having a customer service option will best serve your purpose. For example, you can solve your customer’s queries by using social media platforms.
5. Which social media platforms should you use the most?
Once you have set your plans and know your target audience, you can now decide which social media platform will serve your particular goals. The first and foremost thing when choosing your social media channel is to consider the behaviors and preferences of your target audience.
For example, young people are hooked more on Instagram than on any other site, while older citizens spend more on Facebook. So, it is quite an essential task for you to research your audience platform before heading to social media platforms.
6. How will you measure your progress?
Once you launch your content on social networking sites, it is very crucial to track your performance and gauge your efforts as necessary. Every social media platform offers its metrics, which will help you understand how well are you performing on that platform.
For instance, Facebook provides page insights data, which can tell you how many people are engaging with your posts. Linkedin provides similar analytics for company pages. These metrics will help you to plan the future content and later, you can decide on the most effective ways to engage with your audience.
Once you answer these six questions, you will have a clear vision of what your social media strategy should look like. Click here to know more about how to make your video content stand out on social media.
If you are planning to publish videos on your social media platforms and are looking to hire a video production team, feel free to contact Dustin Hill Productions. With years of professional experience, we at Dustin Hill Productions specialize in creating informative and engaging videos which will delight your audience and help you to expand your business to the next level.